Welcome to THE BLACK DUCK
Please sign in Here

warning  Welcome to , You are not logged in. If you have not registered yet, please click here. Alternatively log into your account now.

THE BLACK DUCK: Forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Black Duck Forum Index -> Gaming for the PC
Day Of Infamy - WW 2 shooter - free Oct 12 - 16 -Steam
View next topic
View previous topic
stufz
godly
godly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote

The wait is finally over! Day of Infamy will be free to play on Steam starting Thursday Oct 12th at 1PM EST; running all the way until Monday Oct 16th at 1PM EST!

To reward new players and returning players alike, we’ll be doubling experience points through the weekend to help unlock Day of Infamy’s 30 playable units.

I can recommend this to anyone who played the old school WWII shooters for 10-15 years ago. This game has all of the features we have ever asked for. Proper admin controlled dedicated servers. Mod support, custom maps, custom server configuration.

Great game play, the graphics, well the graphics are a little out dated as it's a Source game based on the CS:GO engine. The sound is very good, but it's all about the game play. Made by the people who responsible for Insurgency but it's a step above that game with new features and of course the WWII setting we all cut our teeth on with games like MoH, CoD and Day of Defeat. I think you owe it to yourself to check it out, this game is everything CoD:WWII is not.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/447820/Day_of_Infamy/

godly
godly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm Reply with quote

I shoulda seen this one coming, this game is based on CS:GO which is a newer version of CounterStrike - which goes back to 2000 or so.

Not bad graphically, there is immersion, but the menu is set up for classes in a squad - limits of how many riflemen, engineers, etc ....

Way too many game modes, I picked the one that sounded closest to some form of conquest or 2 teams playing ...

Found out that the machine gun class does not have any Aim Down Sight, not that I could set up in Keybinds.

So I switched to Engineer and had ADS.

Somewhere in there, I found out that forces respawn in waves - so when you die, there is text up top describing the next wave of x amount players in x amount of seconds.

Not bad, less than 10 seconds, but I'm sure that it's a variable ...

I guess I've been arcaded so much, any other type of game play in FPS shooters just don't appeal to my arcade charging self.

3 out of 5 thumbs down

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic